We are looking for an inbound content writer. As part of Raka’s inbound marketing team, you’ll create inbound marketing content and strategies. You’ll also execute those plans by writing content valuable to our clients’ audiences that is optimized for search and social sharing. You’ll manage an editorial calendar, come up with smart content ideas to help our clients achieve their marketing goals, and be a point of contact for our clients.
You have a working knowledge of inbound marketing and can explain what a lifecycle stage is. You also like to write. Your writing is succinct. You know how to optimize a blog post for search. You’ve probably worked in journalism, public relations, or another role where writing was the most important thing you did. Sometimes you crack up yourself, and others.
Our team is sarcastic, experienced and amusingly neurotic. You should be ambitious and the kind of person who would not get kicked off the island first. You are not a pain in the ass but you have your own ideas.
- You can write and edit blog posts and other content for companies so that people can find them on Google. (SEO copywriting)
- You won’t embarrass our clients on social media accounts.
- If you had to, you could figure out how to create and manage an editorial calendar.
- You can make food once every three months that the rest of us will want to eat.
- You set realistic deadlines and you hit them. You can communicate in advance if you can’t hit them.
Desirable certifications/life experience
- You’ve worked in a professional setting such as an office
- Google Analytics and/or AdWords Certification
- HubSpot Inbound Marketing Certification
- Certificate of Participation
- You have a blog or have written for one regularly
- You’ve organized an event, fundraiser, company or other effort that requires working with people and figuring out stuff yourself
- You’ve failed at something and you now understand why