We are looking for an inbound content writer. As part of Raka’s inbound marketing team, you’ll support our senior account managers who create client strategies. You’ll help execute those plans by writing content valuable to our clients’ audiences that is optimized for search and social sharing. You’ll manage an editorial calendar, come up with smart content ideas to help our clients achieve their marketing goals, and write the messages for distributing that content on social media.
You have a working knowledge of inbound marketing and can understand the importance of balancing keywords and concepts. You also like to write. Your writing is succinct. You know how to research a topic that’s completely foreign to you. You’ve probably worked in journalism, public relations, or another role where writing was the most important thing you did. Sometimes you crack up yourself, and others. And you never put two spaces after a period. Ever.
Our team is sarcastic, experienced, and amusingly opinionated. You should be ambitious and the kind of person who would not get kicked off the island first. You are not a pain in the ass but you have your own ideas.
- You can write and edit blog posts and other content for companies so that people can find them on Google (SEO copywriting).
- You won’t embarrass our clients on social media accounts.
- You can create and manage an editorial calendar.
- You can make food once every three months that the rest of us will want to eat.
- You set realistic deadlines and you hit them. You can communicate in advance if you can’t hit them.
Desirable certifications/life experience
- You’ve worked in a professional setting such as an office.
- Google Analytics and/or AdWords Certification.
- HubSpot Inbound Marketing Certification.
- Certificate of Participation for stuff or things.
- You have a blog or have written for one regularly.
- You’ve organized an event, fundraiser, company, or other effort that requires working with people and figuring out stuff yourself.
- You’ve failed at something and you now understand why.
This is a full-time position with lots of perks:
- Flexible hours, so you can put the kids on the bus or just catch some extra Zs.
- Stocked kitchen to keep you fueled all day (or night) long.
- Gym membership, though we’ll never force you to do group workouts.
- Cornhole, Nintendo, a pool table, and beer—these are a few of our favorite things.
- Health benefits, 401(k) options, and other important things adults like.